Lindy-Hop in Nürnberg und Erlangen

Text archives Help

FW: NEW LINDY CLASSES in Erlangen this week!

  • From: "Mia Gao" <mia AT thatswing.de>
  • To: <lindy-erlangen AT lists.franken.de>
  • Subject: FW: NEW LINDY CLASSES in Erlangen this week!
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 21:00:18 +0200

From: Juliane Lory [mailto:juliane.lory AT googlemail.com]
Sent: Montag, 16. Oktober 2017 23:23
To: Dimitris Kosmidis
Cc: Jens Guenther; r.seebauer AT live.de
Subject: NEW LINDY CLASSES in Erlangen this week!

hey lindy hop dancers,

the break is over, new classes start THIS WEEK!

we are looking forward to have you back with us! and bring all your not-yet-dancing-friends to the new beginner’s class!

here come a few facts you will find usefull.

and if you want more details, read on below the red dots ...

NEW

> There will be 3 skill levels = 3 classes

> Classes take place in 2 different locations

START wednesday 18.10.2017

costs per semester > 20 € students, 30 € other

registration happens at the class. 1st one free: you can get a taste at the first lesson and register and pay the next time.

No partner required.

*** LINDY HOP BEGINNER = Level 1 (B-block) ***

When > 20–21 h

Where > KHG Kellerbar, Sieboldstraße 3, Erlangen

Who > Juliane & Dimitris

*** LINDY HOP BEGINNER-INTERMEDIATE = Level 2 ***

When > 20–21.30 h

Where > ESG großer Saal, Hindenburgstraße 46, Erlangen

Who > Rebecca & Jens

*** LINDY HOP INTERMEDIATE = Level 3 ***

When > 21–22 h

Where > KHG Kellerbar, Sieboldstraße 3, Erlangen

Who > Juliane & Dimitris

SOCIAL DANCE for everyone after 22 h

if you are not sure wich level you belong in, read on:

*** LINDY HOP BEGINNER = Level 1 ***

This is a class for beginners. You come here, if you didn’t take any Lindy Hop classes before, or if you took classes for less than a year.

If you were in our beginner’s class last semester, you come back here because you are gonna learn your second half of the beginner’s skill set.

If you were  in our beginner’s class last semester AND the semester before, you could move on to level 2 „beginner-intermediate“. no rush, though. you could even stay in level 1 to become more secure with your basics. your call, or ask us teachers.

*** LINDY HOP BEGINNER-INTERMEDIATE = Level 2 ***

If you were  in our beginner’s class last semester AND the semester before, you could move on to level 2 „beginner-intermediate“. no rush, though. you could even stay in level 1 to become more secure with your basics. your call, or ask us teachers.

Or you have taken a similar class somewhere else and have been seen regularly on the social dance floor.

You have knowledge of the basic vocabulary: bounce, 6-count, 8-count, lindy charleston basic; swing out.

Basic body control: You can dance the basic step with triple steps effortlessly and you are able to keep the bounce.

Basic Lead & Follow: You can keep a good connection with your partner for leading and following steps, shapes and directions.

Basic Performance: You can hear the changes in a song and you are beginning to make your dance fit to the music.

*** LINDY HOP INTERMEDIATE = Level 3 ***

This is your level if you
a) have good knowledge of the basic vocabulary: 6-count, 8-count, lindy charleston basic; swing out and variations, common lindy and charleston figures.
Basic body control: You have relaxed arms and hands and don't squeeze your partner with your hands or arms. You can keep a steady bounce and your own balance.
Basic Lead & Follow: You can comfortably lead/follow the difference between triple and step steps. You consciously lead/follow directions and shapes through your connection.

Basic Performance: You can resist looking down at your feet. You can smile while doing the moves :] You are able to follow the basic structural changes of a song and dance to the music.

b) have completed our level 1 + level 2 of lindy hop or a similar class somewhere else and have been seen regularly on the social dance floor.

More than one class:

If you are in Level 3, feel free to also attend level 1 beforehand. you don’t have to pay extra.

do this either to learn the other role or to work on your basics in your own role. or to meet the beginners and help them achieve confindence and get them to stay for the social dance :)

looking forward to see you wednesday!

dimi, jens, juliane, rebecca

  • FW: NEW LINDY CLASSES in Erlangen this week!, Mia Gao, 10/17/2017