RSPlib Discussions

Text archives Help

[RSPlib-Discusssion] first good news!

  • From: "Marjan Bozinovski" <marjanb AT cpk.auc.dk>
  • To: <rsplib-discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: [RSPlib-Discusssion] first good news!
  • Date: Thu Aug 29 17:02:03 2002

Hi,

At last some good news! RSerPool works fine in the first setting. I install FreeBSD 4.3 on the other PCs, installed rsplib on each, and afterwards I tried the first example.

There are 4 PCs in the LAN, 1 nameserver, 2 PEs and 1 PU. I first wanted to configure the name server to listen on the mulsticast address 239.0.0.1, but it reported that it couldn't connect to the multicast group. So, I specified a unicast address for the nameserver and I changed the asap.conf contents correspondingly. Then I ran the 2 PEs and the PU and it was working properly. I also simulated failure of a PE and it fails-over almost immediately to the other server!

Now I have again 2 more questions. First, can you give me a hint how to solve the problem with the multicast and second, I downloaded Ethereal 0.9.6, but I had problems installing it. It reports that gtk-config is not there, which is not true. What can be the problem?

Best regards,
Marjan