RSPlib Discussions

Text archives Help

[RSPlib-Discusssion] timeout for ext_select()

  • From: "Marjan Bozinovski" <marjanb AT cpk.auc.dk>
  • To: <rsplib-discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: [RSPlib-Discusssion] timeout for ext_select()
  • Date: Fri Nov 29 10:57:01 2002

Hi,

I have two problems related to (I guess!) ext_select(). Here are the descriptions of both.

1. I set the timeout for ext_select() and call it. Normally, messages are coming to the listening socket. This is a piece of the code:

timeout1.tv_sec  = 0;
timeout1.tv_usec = 100000; //100 ms

#ifndef NO_RSP
    result = rspSelect(n1 + 1, &readfdset, NULL, NULL, &timeout1);
#else
    result = ext_select(n1 + 1, &readfdset, NULL, NULL, &timeout1);
#endif

After many repetitions with different timeout values, I concluded that ext_select() wake-up is always caused by the timeout and not by data arrival. Why is it so?

2. I do the same as above, but now there are no incoming messages at all. After some time, perhaps about 10-15 minutes later, the following is reported on the screen.

Nov 15 12:36:42  iris  /kernel: swap_pager: out of swap space
Nov 15 12:36:42  iris  /kernel: swap_pager_getswapspace: failed

After this, the whole X-session crashes. I suppose that again the problem is with ext_select().

Best regards,
Marjan