Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP Heartbeat

  • From: Andreas Jungmaier <ajung AT exp-math.uni-essen.de>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP Heartbeat
  • Date: Mon Oct 16 17:15:02 2000

Thus spake Schruefer Wolfgang
(Wolfgang.Schruefer AT icn.siemens.de):

> Hello,
>
> We want to implement a supervision of the partner site with a short
> reaction time (approx 100 ms).
> I tried to shorten the heartbeat with option -f but failed. But to make it
> longer than 1s worked.
>
> Is this restriction implementation dependent or based on the SCTP-draft or
> did I s.th. wrong?
>
> Thanks for an advice!

Hi,

if you look at the TODO file, you will find that the
pathmanagement block has an error right there, and I have now started
to look closer at this.

Indeed in the functions pm_enableHB() and pm_setPaths()
these values get set...I have made a fix for the problem mentioned
in the TODO file. I suspect that the statement :
if(hearbeatIntervall >= RTO_MIN && hearbeatIntervall <= RTO_MAX)
in pm_enableHB() is the cause of your problem. If you just
replace the RTO_MIN by the value you want and recompile, you
should be set.

Since I did not write the pathmanagement block, I am not
all too sure about the draft - I will have to read it again. And
then look at the code again :-)
Anyway, if you have these requirements, and you have suggestions
how to change the program, I will be happy to do so, if you send a
reasonable patch.

--
Regards,

Andreas

"Use the Source, Luke !" -- Yoda
Andreas Jungmaier, Dipl.-Ing.
University of Essen -- Computer Networking Technology Group
Tel.: +49 (0201) 183-7636 email:
ajung AT exp-math.uni-essen.de
http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~ajung/
see http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~ajung/pubring.asc for PGP public key