[SCTP-Discussion] API 1.0

  • From: Held Martin ICM N MC MI E 6 <Martin.Held AT icn.siemens.de>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] API 1.0
  • Date: Mon Mar 5 12:20:01 2001

Hi Andreas,

I've got a question regarding the sctp_socketCallback (see definition below)

What do you mean by "numerical format" of the source address. Is this an
ASCII string like "139.24.48.62" terminated by "\0", how would an IPv6
address look like?

I'm assuming, the buffer that holds the message is handled completely by
SCTP, i.e. no "free" is required by the user, right?

Regards,
Martin

/* Defines the callback function that is called when new data have been
received
(Events POLLIN||POLLPRI )
Params: 1. socketdescriptor of the socket where the datagramm has been
received
2. pointer to the datagramm data
3. length of datagramm data
4. source Address (as string, may be IPv4 or IPv6 address
string, in numerical format)
5. source port number for UDP sockets, 0 for STDIN file
descriptor, 0 for SCTP raw sockets
*/
typedef void (*sctp_socketCallback) (int, unsigned char *, int, unsigned
char[] , unsigned short);

Martin Held Hofmannstr. 51, 81359 Muenchen, Germany
Siemens AG phone +49 89 722 37386
ICM N MC MI E6 fax +49 89 722 57506
Mobile Communication
mailto:Martin.Held AT icn.siemens.de