[SCTP-Discussion] SCTP query

  • From: "Deepak Rathore" <rathore_deepak AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP query
  • Date: Mon Apr 9 06:13:09 2001

Hi All,

I have following queries in relation to RFC 2960.

1. I'm not able to understand difference between streams and association. My idea is multiple streams are associated with an association but my confusion is whether these streams are maintained between SCTP user and SCTP or between two SCTP end points.

In case of streams maintained between two SCTP end points does all streams follow same path  or multiple paths as mentioned in address parameters.

In case streams are maintained between SCTP user and SCTP layer. Does SCTP bundles streams to follow common path. In this case what would happen if reachability of end point fails ( through this point ).

2. What is the function of cumulative TSN ack point variable. If one use initial TSN value as zero what value does cumulative TSN ack point going to hold and how this value is going to change.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Deepak