[SCTP-Discussion] Difficulty in sctp test tool implementation

  • From: vermsam AT iit.edu
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Difficulty in sctp test tool implementation
  • Date: Tue Jul 3 13:04:01 2001

Hello ,

I am having some difficulty running the test tools provided
with sctplib-1.0.0-pre11.

I have compiled the library on Linux Red Hat 7.0.
I am running sctplib on two machines :

Server side: 192.168.212.74
combined_server -s 192.168.212.74 -V

Client side: 192.168.212.75
combined_server -s 192.168.212.75 -d 192.168.212.74 -V

I expect that an association should get established using
SCTP port number 7. But the association is not getting up.

I am able to see using ethereal that the client side sends
INIT message repeatedly which the peer end does not
respond with INITACK. I am able to do a ping from client
to server. So reachability of two machines is not a problem.

I have tried to get association up using other test tools
also (which run using script files) but unable to do so.

I also tried to interoperate using some other SCTP
implementation but the sctplib seems to refuse process
the packets (INIT or INITACK etc.).

Please help me out.

Thanks

Sameer Verma