[SCTP-Discussion] Re: ecn

  • From: Randall Stewart at work <rrs AT cisco.com>
  • To: "Nahar,virendra" <vknahar AT netlab.hcltech.com>
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de, taylor AT nortelnetworks.com
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Re: ecn
  • Date: Thu Jul 19 08:02:01 2001

"Nahar,virendra" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is the ECN as given in the appendix is the way to implement
> or as the RFC says the ECN is for future release,then is some work
> going on this area which will finaly lead a way to ECN implementation
> in SCTP .
>
> Thanks
> Nahar
Nahar:

My implementation DOES implement ECN as described in the RFC. The
only reason we could NOT document it in the RFC is due to the
fact that the ECN RFC at the time was experimental. I think when
we move SCTP to draft standard we will incorperate the appendix with
some possible enhancments for noncing...

Randall R. Stewart
Systems & Solutions Engineering
Cisco Systems Inc.
rrs AT cisco.com