[SCTP-Discussion] Details about Timer.

  • From: Salbrechter Bernd <bernd.salbrechter AT siemens.at>
  • To: "'discussion AT sctp.de'" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Details about Timer.
  • Date: Tue Aug 7 13:40:02 2001

Hello all!

I'm need timer in my application, which uses the SCTP adaption layer.

I'm quite shure what sctp_startTimer do and hope that sctp_stopTimer removes
the timer completly.

But could I use sctp_restartTimer, if I want to trigger the timer caused the
currently processed timeout again. Or will a timer that triggers automaticly
deleted?

In other words: Will the following C-fragment work or not?

void timeout(
unsigned int timerid,
void * p1
void * p2)
{
sctp_restartTimer(timerid, 1000); /* Call me again one seconde later.
*/
}

int
main(
int argc,
char **argv)
{
/* Some initailization. */

(void) sctp_startTimer(1000, timeout, NULL, NULL);

/* The SCTP mainloop. */
}

Regards
Bernd

PS.: We currently work with 1.0-pre13, but that should not matter in this
case. And I don't have any code running now I'm in a designe phase.