RE: [SCTP-Discussion] ipTos

  • From: Tuexen Michael <Michael.Tuexen AT icn.siemens.de>
  • To: "'discussion AT sctp.de'" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: RE: [SCTP-Discussion] ipTos
  • Date: Mon Aug 27 10:45:01 2001

Dear all,
see my comments below.

Michael Tuexen Tel.: +49 89 722 47210
Siemens AG Fax: +49 89 722 48212
ICN WN CS SE 5 E-mail:
Michael.Tuexen AT icn.siemens.de

[Tuexen Michael] This value is used as the TOS field in the IP
packets.
See RFC 1349 for the specific values. The one here is choosen only for
demonstration and has no specific relevance for the application.
> You write in the section 10.2.C (RFC 2960)
>
> NETWORK STATUS CHANGE
>
> it is called when:
> SCTP detects a failure or
> SCTP detects a recovery
>
> my question is how to create a failure or a recovery ?
[Tuexen Michael] You need a path failure. So one possibility
is to plug out one of your (multiple!) network cables. The other is
to have
a WAN emulator between your hosts and change the configuration
of that emulator in a way that the emulator drops packets of one
path. For WAN emulation you can use DUMMYNET which is part of the
FreeBSD.