[SCTP-Discussion] sctp Socket API question....

  • From: Dilip <dilris AT yahoo.com>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] sctp Socket API question....
  • Date: Fri Oct 5 16:49:01 2001

Hi

I am using the sctp socket api..
like ext_socket,ext_bindx,.....

at my client end
after creating a socket(ext_socket)
DO I HAVE TO bind (ext_bind) it.. before calling
ext_connect.

and IF yes in the BIND do I need to explicity specify
the PORT & ADDRESS ( cant I use INADDR_ANY for
address)

---
at my server end..
while binding do I have to specify the local address
explicitly... (cant I use INADDR_ANY)
-----

the ext_send/ext_recv returns negative values some
time..
SO is there a way to find out what that error no
means..
e.g its returning a error no -108 I tried to grep to
all the files in all directory but didnt find any -108
defined.. SO whats this error no... and which file
defines these error numbers..
--------

Approximately when would the next release be out...
and will it support ext_select. (because otherwise we
hev to use THREADS and that complicates stuff)
--------

Thanks for your help..

Regards
Dilip