[SCTP-Discussion] Questions with Socket API

  • From: Dilip <dilris AT yahoo.com>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Questions with Socket API
  • Date: Wed Oct 10 21:31:02 2001

Hi

I have implemented a simple echo server and a echo
client. using SCTP socket API..
It works fine.

Had few questions..

1. If I connect to the server (has multiple interface)
DO I have to specify all the interfaces on that server
during ext_connect on client side.
IF NO then will the ext_connect() automatically check
for availabilty of service on ALL server interfaces?

2. Is it possible using the Socket API to get a
notification or anyother means of network changes
(That is if primary path fails and SCTP changes its
path automatically).

3. VERY imp.. Is there a way to set the TIME the SCTP
trys to see if a path is valid before switching to the
other paths. In my case I was having 2 interfaces on
server and clients.. and the communication started and
when I break one path. THE client sent msg waits for
big time and then sends the msg. and this time
gradually reduces and after few minutes gets back to
normal speed of transfer..

4. If the failed path comes up again THEN why doesnt
the connection switch back to that path? or does it
need to behave that way..

Regards
Dilip

=====