AW: [SCTP-Discussion] How about sctp_shutdownLibrary()?

  • From: Salbrechter Bernd <bernd.salbrechter AT siemens.at>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: AW: [SCTP-Discussion] How about sctp_shutdownLibrary()?
  • Date: Tue Nov 20 15:12:01 2001

Hello Andreas,

To make the library signal safe it would at least require to check at every
systemcall for EINTR (System call interupted) and restart it.

That means manual inspection of the compleed code and transformation by a
given fixed schema. Maybe you can use more intelegent solutions, if you can
deal with partialy peformed operations. I.e. if you read data into a chach,
you may take the parial read record and let the upper logic in the chach
handle the restart of the read(2) to get the compleed record. But anyway you
have do handle EINTR special from other results at each system call.

Best regards,
Bernd