[SCTP-Discussion] Regarding DATA messages in IUA

  • From: "Sundaresan M" <sundarem AT future.futsoft.com>
  • To: <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Regarding DATA messages in IUA
  • Date: Mon Feb 11 07:32:00 2002

Hi all,

I am having a query on IUA protocol implementation. I am following the
RFC3057.

In IUA, when MGC wishes the D-channel to be inservice it sends ESTABLISH
Request Message. SG replies MGC with a ESTABLISH confirm message.

Typically we have DATA Request from MGC to SG and Data Indication from SG to
MGC. I think these two messages are sent between MGC and SG whenever the
Protocol traffic data is waiting at their ends and NOT on REQUEST and REPLY
basis.

Meaning the Q.931 data is sent from MGC to SG in DATA INDICATION message and
Q.931 data is sent from SG to MGC in Data Request autonomously.

Is my assumption right?

Best Regards,
Sundar.