[SCTP-Discussion] Re: sctplib linking nightmare!

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: John Millaway <john43 AT astro.ocis.temple.edu>
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Re: sctplib linking nightmare!
  • Date: Mon Feb 11 18:52:00 2002

Dear John,

if I'm right you need to link to
libsctpsocket.a
libstdc++.a
libsctp.a
libglib.a

because libsctp.a uses the libglib.a stuff and libsctpsocket.a uses
the libsctp.a and is written in C++.
On FreeBSD (and maybe Linux) libpthread.a is needed because libsctpsocket.a
uses multiple threads.
libgtk.a and libgdk.a should not be necessary.

This should be documented. For the time being have a look in
the makefile in socket_programs. TCP_combinedserver and UDP_combinedserver
C programs that use the socketapi.

Thank you for drawing attention to the lack of documentation.