RE: [SCTP-Discussion] Bundling

  • From: Tuexen Michael <Michael.Tuexen AT icn.siemens.de>
  • To: "'discussion AT sctp.de'" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Cc: "'Alberto Bellettato'" <alberto.bellettato AT icn.siemens.it>
  • Subject: RE: [SCTP-Discussion] Bundling
  • Date: Thu Mar 14 15:27:00 2002

Hi Alberto,

we provide to constants:
SCTP_BUNDLING_ENABLED
SCTP_BUNDLING_DISABLED

These affect the initial sending of there is not flowcontrol
or congestioncontrol active which delays the sending. In case
of retransmissions or delayed sending bundling can occur if
it results in better protocol performance.
Even if you set SCTP_BUNDLING_DISABLED the DATA chunk may
be bundled on retransmissions.

Why do you need this behaviour for testing? It should only be
avoided that SCTP restricts the protocol performance unnecessary
by waiting for data for bundling.

Michael Tuexen Tel.: +49 89 722 47210
Siemens AG Fax: +49 89 722 48212
ICN WN CS SE 5 E-mail: