Re: [SCTP-Discussion] contradiction in draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpimpguide-03.txt

  • From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <bidulock AT openss7.org>
  • To: rekha nt <vijay AT mercurykr.com>
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] contradiction in draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpimpguide-03.txt
  • Date: Fri Mar 15 10:32:01 2002
  • Dsn-notification-to: <bidulock AT openss7.org>

Vijay,

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, rekha nt wrote:

> Hi Arun,
>
> I didnt get one thing.........i have written that thing below in
> the capital letters...
>
> Regards,
> Vijay

[snip]
> I THINK WHENEVER WE RECEIVE THE SACK WE SET THE ASSOC RETRANS COUNT
> AND PATH RETRANS COUNT TO ZERO....MAY BE I M WRONG
[snip]

No. Only when the SACK acknowledges outstanding data are the
counts zeroed. In the case of a_rwnd = 0 and window probing
the SACKs normally acknowledge nothing.

--brian

--
Brian F. G. Bidulock ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
bidulock AT openss7.org