Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Re: Bundling

  • From: Andreas Jungmaier <ajung AT exp-math.uni-essen.de>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de, "Alberto Bellettato" <alberto.bellettato AT icn.siemens.it>
  • Cc: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Re: Bundling
  • Date: Mon Mar 18 10:47:00 2002

Alberto,

bundling generally implies that the implementation wait some
time before data is sent. If, during that time another chunk
is sent by the application, it may be bundled.
If, however, the application does not send any data within that
time, no bundling is used, but performance may be worse, because
of the additional delay.

Now, actually that is a matter of the API.

And this is a question to the list: are there any suggestions/
comments as to how that might be handled ?

Regards,

Andreas