RE: SCTP design doc (was - Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Your request sen t to the admin list)

  • From: Tuexen Michael <Michael.Tuexen AT icn.siemens.de>
  • To: "'discussion AT sctp.de'" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Cc: "'Janardhan Iyengar'" <iyengar AT mail.eecis.udel.edu>, "'ajung AT exp-math.uni-essen.de'" <ajung AT exp-math.uni-essen.de>
  • Subject: RE: SCTP design doc (was - Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Your request sen t to the admin list)
  • Date: Thu Jun 13 10:27:00 2002

Jana,

we do not have a high level description of the implementation.
But the organization is as follows:

The SCTP engine is divided into functional blocks, like
stream engine, path handler and so on. Each module holds
is own data. So there is not one TCB per assoc, but the
data is distributed into the different modules. The names
of the modules should indicate which functional block they
are providing. You can find a graphical representation
of the structure in one of our papers:
http://tdrwww.exp-math.uni-essen.de/inhalt/forschung/atm2000.pdf

Michael Tuexen Tel.: +49 89 722 47210
Siemens AG Fax: +49 89 722 48212