Re: [SCTP-Discussion] sctplib on MacOS X

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: afink AT global-networks.ch
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] sctplib on MacOS X
  • Date: Fri Jun 28 10:02:01 2002

Andreas,

I remember that I have seen that error message. I do not see
it on my system. Maybe I have a newer 'whatever' installed.

- tar xvfz glib-1.2.10.tar.gz
- cd glib-1.2.10
- cp /usr/share/libtool/config.* .
- env CFLAGS=-no-cpp-precomp ./configure
- make
- sudo make install

I think it is important to work on a fresh glib-1.2.10 directory.
Please use that version of the glib, not a newer one.

If this does not work, try it again with -no-cpp-precomp replaced
by -traditional-cpp.

Please let me know if it is working or not. If not, could you give me
access to one of the machines? I would NOT need root privileges.

PS.: Nice to know that there is another MacOS X user out there. Before two
week I though that only 2 users exists.

On Friday, June 28, 2002, at 01:57 AM, Andreas Fink wrote:

On this list I read:

>The glib is really needed. To install it do the following
>
>- download ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v1.2/glib-1.2.10.tar.gz
>- tar xvfz glib-1.2.10.tar.gz
>- cd glib-1.2.10
>- cp /usr/share/libtool/config.* .
>- ./configure
>- make
>- sudo make install
>
>The only 'unusual' command is the cp one which replaces config.sub and
>config.guess with more recent ones. These know about MacOS X.
>
>After that you can compile the sctplib. Please use
>./configure --disable-ipv6
>for compiling the sctplib. In the next version of MacOS X this is no
>longer necessary and IPv6 is working.

Tried this on MacOS X 10.1.5 today on 3 different machines with different versions of GLIB but I end up with always the same errors:

/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=compile cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=g_log_domain_glib     -g -O2 -Wall  -c giounix.c
cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=g_log_domain_glib -g -O2 -Wall -c giounix.c -o giounix.o
giounix.c:1317: bad macro argument list
cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in basic mode
make[2]: *** [giounix.lo] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

the odd thing is that it shows an error on giounix.c line 1317 but my file is only about 300 lines long. So I have no clue which macro might be wrong.

Anyone have an idea?

PS: Yes I also would like to see the README to contain hints about GLIB.

--

Andreas Fink
Global Networks, Inc.

Tel: +41-61-6932730 Fax: +41-61-6932729  Mobile: +41-79-2457333
Address:Global Networks, Inc., Schwarzwaldallee 16, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Web: http://www.global-networks.ch/     e-mail:
afink AT global-networks.ch
Member of the GSM Association

Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de