Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Problem loading module

  • From: Stefan Jansen <jansen AT szs.uni-karlsruhe.de>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Problem loading module
  • Date: Fri Jun 28 12:12:01 2002

> What are major and minor number of the device the module has to be loaded
> for?

How do I get them? I just get the message: modprobe: can't load module.
I have already changed /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe to a little tool that prints
out the command line that modprobe would receive, but no module name is given.
I do not find any device numbers in the log files.

> If you have compiled your own kernel

No, I didn't

> If this does not work, get the latest kernel 2.4.18 from ftp.kernel.org and
> use the configuration attached to this mail as template for your kernel
> configuration.

I will try that next week.

Stefan
--