[SCTP-Discussion] something missing in sctp_getevents

  • From: Coene Lode <Lode.Coene AT siemens.atea.be>
  • To: "SCTP Discussion (E-mail)" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Cc: "Andreas Jungmayer (E-mail)" <ajung AT exp-math.uni-essen.de>, "'michael.tuexen AT siemens.com'" <michael.tuexen AT siemens.com>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] something missing in sctp_getevents
  • Date: Thu Oct 17 13:42:00 2002

Dear Michael/Andreas,

During debugging our software we bumped into the fact that if
you use sctp_getevent(), none of the started timers ever expired.(sure they
are started but the expired handling procedure is never hit).
So I browsed through the code in module adapt.c and compared it also to some
old code from previous versions of the SCTPlib and noticed that the call to
dispatch_timer was missing from the adl_extendedgetevents() in th epresent
version. It was present in older versions an dit is still present in the
adl_extentedeventloop().
If dispatch_timer is never called, then no timer expirery can ever occur.
Now the question is this:
1) is the present code in adl_extendedgetEvents wrong?
or
2) am I wrong in ONLY using sctp_getevents() (=adl_extendedgetevents) and
should I be using both sctp_getevents() and sctp_eventloop() or only
sctp_eventloop()?

Happy to hear from you folks what the problem is.

yours sincerly,
Lode

Siemens atea
atealaan 34 2200 Herentals, Belgium
E-mail:
lode.coene AT siemens.atea.be
Tel: +32-14-252081
Fax: +32-14-253212

  • [SCTP-Discussion] something missing in sctp_getevents, Coene Lode, 10/17/2002