[SCTP-Discussion] SCTP API

  • From: Rohit Sharma <rsharma AT mahindrabt.com>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP API
  • Date: Tue Oct 29 10:07:02 2002

Hi

Do we have a well defined SCTP API Library. I can see a few libraries as defined
http://www.csm.ornl.gov/~dunigan/netperf/sctp.html (Siemens and Computer Networking Group)
and
http://www.sctp.de/sctp-download.html sctp-lib

I downloaded the sctp-lib but it seems that it does not adhers to the draft
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-05.txt

Please can anyone guide me as to what library to use.

Also,
The diameter draft says that the application should provide support for both SCTP / TCP. *BUT* if the API(s) are the same (http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-05.txt) how do we resolve the linkage redfination error. Or do we have a new socket library that implements tcp/sctp etc.

I am a bit confused here. Please correct me if I am wrong somewhere.

Secondaly,
Has anyone sucessfully built IPSEC(freeswan) and SCTP(lksctp
sourceforge) to the kernel. I need IPSEC and SCTP in the same kernel
image, but IPSEC doesnot support 2.5 while lksctp wants 2.5.x
series.Any pointers how do I go about it.

Also, It seems in 2.5.x tree "make xconfig" does not work, had to use
oldconfig,menuconfig etc.

Regards
Rohit
--
Favourite pickup line: Hey baby, wanna synchronize sequence numbers?
 Warning: not always effective

Disclaimer

is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.mahindrabt.com