[SCTP-Discussion] What is a path in SCP

  • From: Tobjörn Andersson <torbjorn.andersson AT kau.se>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] What is a path in SCP
  • Date: Thu Nov 14 14:17:01 2002

I'm having problem with describing the paths in SCTP in my thesis.

1: Sometimes a path is only defined by the peers IP-address.

2: Sometimes the path is a combination of source IP and destination IP,
as with the Primary Path.

How does the heartbeat functionality work with paths. Does it regard a
path as (1) or (2). If (1) is the correct, how does SCTP choose its
source IP if both interfaces have a route to the destination IP.

Can someone help me putting this straight ?

/Torbjörn