[SCTP-Discussion] Re: Re: implementation of sctp

  • From: Thomas Dreibholz <dreibh AT exp-math.uni-essen.de>
  • To: "dharani_s_me" <dharani_s_me AT indiatimes.com>
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Re: Re: implementation of sctp
  • Date: Fri Nov 15 10:22:01 2002

Am Freitag, 15. November 2002 05:37 schrieben Sie:
> dear sir,
>

> thanks for your information. i had downloaded the sctp implementation from
> teh site www.sctp.de. i had compiled that prototype according to teh
> instruction given in the INSTALL file
>

> 1. sh ./configure
>

> 2. make
>

> 3. make install
>

> upto this i have done, this create the .O file for each files. i have not
> get any output. i dont know how to proceed further.
>

> i don't how to run the server and client, and what parameter have to be
> given for that. You give me the suggesion to run the software.

I think, you probably want some running examples using the standard socket
API. When you have installed the sctplib, download the socket API from
http://www.sctp.de and also install it (./configure && make && make install).
In the socket API directory, you find the subdirectories cppsocket_programs/
and socket_programs/.
There currently exist a C and C++ version of the multiserver (echo, discard,
daytime, chargen): cppsocket_programs/sctpmultiserver and
socket_programs/TCP_combined_server. Start *one* of these programs without
any parameters. Now, you can start a terminal (e.g. on another computer).
Currently, only a C++ version exists: cppsocket_programs/sctpterminal. Run
cppsocket_programs/sctpterminal [Address]:[Port], where port is e.g. 7 for
the Echo service. Now, sctpterminal connects to the server and you can enter
some text. The text is echoed back by the server. Read
cppsocket_programs/README for more options.

Dipl.-Inform. Thomas Dreibholz

University of Essen, Room ES210
Inst. for Experimental Mathematics Ellernstraße 29
Computer Networking Technology Group D-45326 Essen/Germany
E-Mail:
dreibh AT exp-math.uni-essen.de
Homepage: http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~dreibh

  • [SCTP-Discussion] Re: Re: implementation of sctp, Thomas Dreibholz, 11/15/2002