RE: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP Multistreaming

  • From: Tuexen Michael <michael.tuexen AT siemens.com>
  • To: "'Arunendu Roy'" <aroy AT research.telcordia.com>, discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: RE: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP Multistreaming
  • Date: Tue Nov 26 16:57:01 2002

Arun,

I do not know what you mean by 'session'.

All (unidirectional) streams belong to on SCTP association
and each DATA chunk belongs to exacly one stream. They share
one sequence number space (TSN) but this is used only for reliable
transport. All chunks within one stream share another sequence
number space (SSN) which is used for in sequence delivery within
each stream. Thus using multiple streams avoids the head of line
blocking problem between DATA chunks of different streams.

Michael Tuexen Tel.: +49 89 722 47210
Siemens AG Fax: +49 89 722 48212
ICN WN CC SE 7 e-mail:
Michael.Tuexen AT siemens.com