Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Initial slowstart behavior of SCTP

  • From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: Torbjörn Andersson <torbjorn.andersson AT kau.se>
  • Cc: <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Initial slowstart behavior of SCTP
  • Date: Wed Dec 4 09:47:02 2002

Torbjörn,

the reason (for me is) that I'm on a business trip and can not
look into that stuff before sometime next week.

On Wednesday, Dec 4, 2002, at 09:27 Europe/Berlin, Torbjörn Andersson wrote:

I have not received any answer on my previous question in my previous
mail and I wondering why?

I speculate that your implementation does this:

The flowcontroll allows up to 2*MTU bytes outstanding.
This is checked before each packet is sent and after two packets
there is only, in my case, 200 bytes unfilled in the cwnd.
This allows one new packet to be sent, but only with a payload
of 200 bytes but this limit is not checked by the packetizer, which
sends a full packet, with MTU bytes.

What do you think of this? Do you have another explanation for this ?

/Regards

Torbjörn Andersson
University of Karlstad, Sweden