Re: [SCTP-Discussion] communications lost on echo tool

  • From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: bala.k AT ieee.org
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de, bala.k AT retriever.com.au
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] communications lost on echo tool
  • Date: Tue Dec 17 01:02:00 2002

Hi Bala,

are you running both programs on the same host? Then you need also
the -i option to disable the OOTB handling. In principle, the sctplib
should run only once per host. If you are running multiple it multiple
times you need to disable the OOTB handling and do the port handling
by yourself.

For example:
1. Start the echo_server: ./echo_server -s 127.0.0.1 -V -i
2. Start the terminal: ./terminal -s 127.0.0.1 -d 127.0.0.1 -l 1000 -r 7 -V -i
3. Type something as input in the terminal tool. After pressing return it
should be sent out and received again and printed out. Pressing Control D
should bring down the association and terminate the terminal program.

This should work.

PS: Please subscribe to the mailing list.