Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Beginner:How to run SCTP sample programs - Append

  • From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: "Jatin Sharma" <jatin_76 AT hotmail.com>
  • Cc: <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Beginner:How to run SCTP sample programs - Append
  • Date: Thu Feb 13 09:22:52 2003

Hi Jatin,

see my comments below.

On Thursday, Feb 13, 2003, at 00:55 Europe/Berlin, Jatin Sharma wrote:

I would like to be more specific towards my earlier question.

After doing the following:
-> ./configure
-> make
-> make install
I got the executables for all the programs. I want to know how do I set up
the test equipment and run any one program. E.g. are echo_tool, terminal,
test_tool and so on.

For using both on the same system see my earlier e-mail.
Do I need to Linux machines to run these tests on? What is the significance
of "script1" and "script2" under program directory.
script1 and 2 belong to the test_tool which is currently not maintained. So
it is better to rely on combined_server, echo_tool and the others.

In general I would say use two Linux machines and do not use the -i flags.
This is only a workaround to run multiple instances of the sctplib on one
machine. The sctplib is designed in a way that it only runs once per machine.
Thanks,
Jatin