Re: [SCTP-Discussion] About solaris implementaion

  • From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: hektor AT etri.re.kr
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de, Steven.Glass AT Sun.COM
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] About solaris implementaion
  • Date: Mon Mar 3 11:22:01 2003

Hi Yim,

the guy working at Sun on the SCTP implementation is Steven (Steven.Glass AT Sun.COM).
He told me mid February that they had to bring down payground.sun.com for security
updates and that the machine would be up again soon. Please contact him directly
for more information.

Porting the prototype implementation should be fairly easy, especially for IPv4.
You need to adopt the inclusion of header files and the makefile. Maybe some
other minor stuff has to be adopted. Just try to compile it and fix the errors
and warnings from the compiler. Older version were running on Solaris.

Best regards
Michael.

On Monday, Mar 3, 2003, at 03:08 Europe/Berlin,
hektor AT etri.re.kr
wrote:

G'day, list.
I'm a newbie in SCTP world.

I've read this mailing list and found that current version of sctp implementaion does not support solaris officially.
And also I found the recommendation to visit "http://palyground.sun.com"; for solaris implementation.
But I could not access "http://playground.sun.com";.
Is the site closed?
If not, can you tell me IP address of the site?(maybe our DNS server is problem making)
If yes, Is there a altanative URL of the site?

Another question.
I found serveral threads about trouble-shooting in order to compile in solaris
even though current version of the implemenation does not support solaris.
But I could not get kind of tips for making it in solaris.
Please let me know how to make it.

TIA.

regards
yim