[SCTP-Discussion] A few questions about shutdown..

  • From: hektor AT etri.re.kr
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] A few questions about shutdown..
  • Date: Thu May 1 16:31:19 2003

Title: A few questions about shutdown..

G'day. list.

I have a few questions about shutdown procedures.

Let's assume A is tring to initiate shutdown procedures, and B is the peer of A,
and at that time,B has been dead.

If A gets time-out of shutdown timer after sending SHUTDOWN to B,
What is action of A?
  - Is the retransmission mechanism used? and subsequently detects failure of B?
    as a result of this, ULP got CommunicationLost Indication?
  - Or, irregardless of accepting SHUTDOWN Ack,
        Does A assume the shutdown procedure completed?

I've examined this using sctplib-1.0.0-pre19.
The result is that A never get CommunicationLost Indication.
Does It mean the stack implementations follow the second answer. or bugs?

Thanks in advance.

  • [SCTP-Discussion] A few questions about shutdown.., hektor, 04/29/2003