[SCTP-Discussion] Non-blocking mode for the sctp socket api

  • From: Pablo Salinas <pablopesb AT yahoo.com>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Non-blocking mode for the sctp socket api
  • Date: Tue Jul 22 17:37:04 2003

Hi there,
I am interested in knowing more about the
non-blocking mode of the sctp socket api. I need to
write an application that stablish a sctp association
with another machine. After that, it must send and
receive data messages through that sctp association.
But, the thing is, that it should be able to send and
receive sctp messages at any given time.
First question: Does the non-blockin mode work only
for the UDP-like socket api?
Or does it work for both, the UDP and TCP styles?

Second of all, can anyone send me an example code? It
doesn't need to be a working code. Just one that will
give me an idea of the function calls that should be
made in both sides (the client and server)and the
order of these function calls.

thanks,
Pablo S.