Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP on FreeBSD 5.1

  • From: Dean Strik <dean AT ipnet6.org>
  • To: Michael T?xen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • Cc: Sheri Salami <sheri AT zytrax.com>, discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP on FreeBSD 5.1
  • Date: Wed Sep 10 13:07:03 2003

Michael T?xen wrote:
> The sctplib should be able (possibly with minor tweaks) on FreeBSD 5.1
> but I have to tried that. You can also use the SCTP implementation,
> which
> is part of the KAME stack, but that supports only FreeBSD 4.8. I would
> rethink if you want to implement SCTP again on FreeBSD...

KAME have just started a KAME-kit that works with FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE. I
have no idea how well it actually works.
FreeBSD-CURRENT (as opposed to -RELEASE) may not be too great. FreeBSD
have just started a project to update KAME code in -CURRENT though - but
note that it has been said that SCTP will not be a priority at all and
will not be available in vanilla 5.2-RELEASE yet.

--
Dean C. Strik Eindhoven University of Technology
dean AT stack.nl

dean AT ipnet6.org
| http://www.ipnet6.org/
"This isn't right. This isn't even wrong." -- Wolfgang Pauli