Re: [SCTP-Discussion] ext_sendmsg() fails to send data

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: "Heywood, Simon " <Simon.Heywood AT thalesgroup.com>
  • Cc: "SCTP discussion (E-mail)" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] ext_sendmsg() fails to send data
  • Date: Wed Jul 7 19:27:02 2004

If you send DATA which is too large the send() call would
not return an error. It is a limitation of the implementation.
We should be able to pass some part of user data to the
upper layer in case of running out of receiver buffer space but
we are not. But I think this is not the problem in your case.
It is just that you quit the client before it has finished its
job.