[SCTP-Discussion] Multithreading and sctplib

  • From: Alexander Litvin <archer AT whichever.org>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Multithreading and sctplib
  • Date: Tue Jul 27 18:42:01 2004

After I played a bit with sctplib-1.0.1 (and 1.0.2pre1)
I think I'm about ready to try to use it for something
more serious. And, fortunately or not, quiestion of
multithreading arises.

Apparently, sctplib-1.0.x is not reentrant (meaning that
a design with one thread sitting in sctp_eventLoop() and
another thread doing sctp_send() -- is not exactly right
design).

Also, I cannot just wrap all the sctp_XXX() functions with
mutex, because I don't want to go to sleep in sctp_eventLoop()
with a lock held.

Could somebody point me in the right direction? Should I look
at sctplib-1.3.x ?

Also, I took a brief look at socketapi. The thing seems to
have its own threading support, which is not disirable. And
I still like the original sctplib API better.

---
For my birthday I got a humidifier and a de-humidifier... I put them in
the same room and let them fight it out.
-- Stephen Wright

  • [SCTP-Discussion] Multithreading and sctplib, Alexander Litvin, 07/27/2004