[SCTP-Discussion] Multihoming

  • From: John Townsend <gazelle1963 AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Multihoming
  • Date: Sun Aug 15 11:42:01 2004

I'm about to start using the multihoming features
using the socketapi and need to understand the
following points.

1. If I pull out the IP cable connected to my primary
address, will the local SCTP detect the failure and
automatically pick a new address to be the primary
(and send me a Notification - SCTP_ADDR_MADE_PRIM)? Or
will I receive a SCTP_SEND_FAILED, and it be up to my
application to select a new primary?

2. Is there an example c code application which uses
multihoming and socketapi?

I'm hoping to be able to detect failure and change to
another primary address without any loss of data, or
having to put any queues in my application.

Regards,

John.

Messenger - all new features - even more fun! http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com