[SCTP-Discussion] sctp performance

  • From: "alefelici AT inwind.it" <alefelici AT inwind.it>
  • To: "discussion" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] sctp performance
  • Date: Thu Oct 28 12:02:00 2004

I've some question for you....
I've 2 PC with linux (1 PIII 1.1 Ghz with mandrake 10 and 1 laptop centrino
with
Fedora core 3 test 1) OS and I have to do a thesis about sctp performance and
compare it with tcp performance.
I've used sctp client/server(and in the same time running traffic generator
creating congestion for observe sctp features like HOL blocking) and observe
that the sctp performace are not better than tcp(in bandiwdth, RTT)...but in
the
theory and in the simulation sctp is better than tcp. How can I do to testing
features sctp protocol(multistreaming, multihoming) and evalute its
performance
and observe that are better than tcp? What is the best OS platform?Someone
said me taht the best OS platform is Kame/FreeBSD...I know that now I don't
yet
demostrate that sctp is better than tcp....
Someone help me...
Have you got an sctp client/server (for linux) better that mine??

Thanks in advance

Regards

Alessio
alefelici AT ieee.org

Libero ADSL: navighi gratis a 1.2 Mega, senza canone e costi di attivazione.
Abbonati subito su http://www.libero.it

  • [SCTP-Discussion] sctp performance, alefelici AT inwind.it, 10/28/2004