[SCTP-Discussion] Latest socketapi data loss if using ext_select() on sctp-dgram socket

  • From: Julien Vanegue <jvanegue AT citypassenger.com>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Latest socketapi data loss if using ext_select() on sctp-dgram socket
  • Date: Fri Nov 19 15:27:06 2004

Hi there,

I'm experiencing severe data loss from a tcp socket when using
ext_select() from the latest socketapi. Here is my test environment:

TCP inputs TCP outputs

(1) (4)
\ sctp /
(2) ----+ -------- + ----- (5)
/ \
(3) (6)

TCP clients on (1), (2), (3) (... N ...) are sending requests to servers
on (4), (5), (6), (... N ...) using a one-dgram-socket-multiple-streams
sctp tunnel using sendmsg/recvmsg calls, and it works well.

'+' represents the SCTP proxies on each side of the sctp link.

Packet loss occurs on the way back, when answers from servers are sent
to TCP sockets. I use 1 sctp stream per TCP client socket inputs. The
stream multiplexing works well. However it seems that ext_select() does
not see some data (effectively delivered and received on the network,
verified by sniffing), resulting in a partial web page (in case of www
browser proxying).

Is it a known problem ? I use the latest sctplib and the latest
socketapi. I was given very recent snapshots by sctp.de peoples
after reporting a previous problem with ext_select on sctp-dgram
sockets (seems like it was not possible to do it before one of the
latest snap 2 weeks ago).

It seems that the problem remains partially present on my socketapi
snap. Is there a more recent snapshot available that could resolve
definitely this issue ?

Thanks.

--
Julien Vanegue
<jvanegue AT citypassenger.com>

  • [SCTP-Discussion] Latest socketapi data loss if using ext_select() on sctp-dgram socket, Julien Vanegue, 11/19/2004