Re: AW: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP in Java

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: <rohde AT exp-math.uni-essen.de>
  • Cc: "'Natalia Ossipova'" <no007 AT informatik.uni-rostock.de>, <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: AW: [SCTP-Discussion] SCTP in Java
  • Date: Mon Dec 20 17:12:03 2004

Dear all,

I'm not sure if the question was regarding an SCTP API (socket or callback)
or regarding an SCTP implementation.
For implementing SCTP you need and interface to the IP layer, for the
API stuff you need an interface to the SCTP implementation.

You can also think about providing an API based on a kernel implementation
like JAVA gives you an interface to the TCP and UDP. This requires, of course,
an Open Source JAVA implementation...

On Dec 20, 2004, at 12:16 Uhr,
<rohde AT exp-math.uni-essen.de>
wrote:

Hi,

to my knowledge there is no "native" java implementation of the sctp api.
You might take a look at the jni(Java native Interface) which enables you to
use compiled code written in other programming languages at the cost of
portability...

Yours
Sebastian