[SCTP-Discussion] Partial Reliablity

  • From: Manoj Kumar Ampalam <amk_141 AT yahoo.co.in>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Partial Reliablity
  • Date: Wed Apr 20 23:02:01 2005

I am particulary interested in using Partial
Reliability provision of SCTP. Specifically I would
like to know the following:

While using ext_sendmsg(..) function, would setting
the value:
...->sinfo_timetolive = 10
actually make the sender try only for 10 milli seconds
to transmitt the message. If the sender is unable to
sent in 10 milli seconds, would there be a
Notification caught by ext_recmsg(...) that informs
about the failure in message delivery.

Please help.

Thanks
Manoj.