[SCTP-Discussion] sctp congestion window

  • From: Andreas Florides <florides AT netmode.ntua.gr>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] sctp congestion window
  • Date: Sun Jun 5 14:42:01 2005

I am doing some experiments to compare TCP with SCTP.
I am doing a file transport over a 10Mbps network with 5ms delay with an error rate 0.1%. I am calculating the outstanding data to make a graph for the congestion window and I see that when errors occur, SCTP reduces the congestion window like it should but never start to increase it again like TCP. When more errors occur the same thing happens.

I have a_rwnd=100000 in both TCP and SCTP.
I have tried with different network delays, but nothing changes.

Is there any socket options responsible for this behavior? because according to the congestion control of SCTP this shouldn’t happen.

Thank you.