Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Kernel SCTP on MacOS X 10.4.1

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: Andreas Fink <afink AT global-networks.ch>
  • Cc: "discussion (E-mail)" <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Kernel SCTP on MacOS X 10.4.1
  • Date: Wed Jun 8 12:32:02 2005

Hi Andreas,

the SCTP KAME stack can be compiled as a NKE. Going to Mac OS X 10.4.1 requires a substantial
change in the code to get it running with the multithreaded kernel of Mac OS X 10.4.?.
This change is not completed but I can compile and load kernel extension. So it will work
on Mac OS X 10.4.1.

My plan is to provide an installer for
- a modified kernel to allow SCTP NKEs (unfortunately this is still required, but this
kernel is as stable as the original Apple one).
- the SCTP NKE, include files and a library.

It is nice to know that someone is interested, so I'll let you know when we have something
which can be used and tested. Is anyone else also interested?