Re: [SCTP-Discussion] The difference between ext_sendto() and sct p_sendx()

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: Thomas Dreibholz <dreibh AT iem.uni-due.de>
  • Cc: discussion (E-mail) <discussion AT sctp.de>, "Xu Yun,SCNB R&D NNC(BJ)" <xu.yun AT siemens.com>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] The difference between ext_sendto() and sct p_sendx()
  • Date: Tue Aug 9 15:22:03 2005

Hi Thomas,

could you check if there is a problem with sctp_recvmsg in the socketapilib? Could it be that
it always peeks?

Thank you very much.

On Aug 9, 2005, at 13:40 Uhr, Xu Yun,SCNB R&D NNC(BJ) wrote:

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your hints. I've tried sctp_sendmsg and it runs as we expected. But the receiving problem is still there: if I calls ext_recvfrom to receive message everything runs well, but when I turns to call sctp_recvmsg I got endless received messages.
After checking the source code of ext_recvfrom and sctp_recvmsg, the only major difference between the two function is the argument 'receiveNotifications' of ext_recvmsg2() function. What's the difference behind this argument?

BTW: In my last mail, I cut some unrelated code (including some lines about timeout operation) when I pasted it, and it may make you confused :) So the timeout should be the problem. I paste the waitfor_message() again:

void* waitfor_message(void *not_used)
{
int ret;
struct timeval timeout;
int idx;
fd_set rfds;
m3ua_mgmt_ntfy_t ntfy;
m3ua_user_ntfy_t u_ntfy;
unsigned char msg[1024];
unsigned int msglen = 0;

timeout.tv_sec = 0;
timeout.tv_usec = 0;
while(1) {
if (0 == timeout.tv_sec && 0 == timeout.tv_usec) {
timeout.tv_sec = 1;
timeout.tv_usec = 0;
}
rfds = readfds;
ret = ext_select(FD_SETSIZE, &rfds, NULL, NULL, &timeout);
if (0 == ret) {
timeout.tv_sec = 0;
timeout.tv_usec = 0;
m3timer_ckexpiry(NULL);
um3_timer_ckexpiry(NULL);
}
else if (0 < ret) {
for (idx = 0; idx < MAX_LOCAL_EP; idx++)
if (1 == from[idx].e_state && FD_ISSET(from[idx].sockid,&rfds))
get_message(idx, from[idx].sockid, msg, &msglen);
}
else {
printf("ERRNO:%d\n", errno);
perror("E_select_Fail");