Re: [SCTP-Discussion] sctplib-1.3.1

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: Farhan Siddiqui <farhansi AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] sctplib-1.3.1
  • Date: Thu Sep 29 23:32:13 2005

could it be that the routing is not in tune with your setup?

On Sep 29, 2005, at 23:17 Uhr, Farhan Siddiqui wrote:

Hi,

I am using sctplib-1.3.1 to test the multihoming feature of sctp. I have sctplib-1.3.1 installed on two machines (a multihomed laptop with an ethernet and a wlan interface) and a desktop with an ethernet interface. I ran echo_server on the desktop and terminal on the laptop. My laptop has two interfaces eth0 for thernet and eth1 for wlan. I start bothe programs keeping only one interface active on the laptop(the eth0 interface). Then when I bring up eth1 on the laptop, it successfully sends a ASCONF message to the server. And everything works fine.

However, if I keep both interfaces active, and unplug the ethernet cable, the terminal program is unable to use the other active interface (WLAN eth1) for communication with the server. The program simple terminates. Technically, the program should be able to route the packets through the wlan interface if the ethernet is disconnected.

Can anybody explain the reason behind this ....?

Thanks a lot,
farhan