Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Compilng Socket api error(excess elements in aggregate Init)

  • From: Thomas Dreibholz <dreibh AT iem.uni-due.de>
  • To: Narendran Manickavasagam <vmnaren AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Compilng Socket api error(excess elements in aggregate Init)
  • Date: Wed Jan 25 10:42:04 2006

On Wednesday 25 January 2006 04:53, Narendran Manickavasagam wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
>
> Thnkz a lot for your reply and am new to porting ,can u help me in
> providing some pointers/links to port the STL libraries So that I can work
> along with it.

The STL libraries are part of the C++ compiler packages. May be, the STL
packages have to be separately installed on SunOS or Solaris. Probably, there
is somewhere an incompatible or missing definition that causes all the
compiler errors.

> And my basic question is that, I have compiled the sctp libraries and not
> the socket-API.So is it possible to run the echo_server ,terminal programs?

The sctplib and its programs should work under Solaris and probably also
under
SunOS. Since the sctplib is ANSI-C only, you do not need a C++ compiler or
STL libraries; these are only required for the socket API library.

> Is there any supporting processes to be run before running these
> applications.(something like SCTP.EXE-but I do not see these processes).

No.

Dipl.-Inform. Thomas Dreibholz

University of Essen, Room ES210
Inst. for Experimental Mathematics Ellernstraße 29
Computer Networking Technology Group D-45326 Essen/Germany
E-Mail:
dreibh AT exp-math.uni-essen.de
Homepage: http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~dreibh