Re: [SCTP-Discussion] installation

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: vipin viswakumar <vipinviswakumar AT yahoo.co.in>
  • Cc: sctp <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] installation
  • Date: Wed Jan 25 18:12:16 2006

see my comments in-line.

On Jan 25, 2006, at 11:47 Uhr, vipin viswakumar wrote:

Hello all,
             I am using redhat linux9 kernel version 2.4.20.8,,,i want 2 install sctp in it....which files do i require???,,how can i install it??/after installing it ,how can i compile it?/what is the command used for that,,,will my linux be having sctp in it??,what is the command to get details of current sctp version in it,,,how can i check whether the packages got properly installed?
Download the tarball, unpck it, ./configure; make make install it.
There are example programs in sctplib/programs/

how can i demonstrate multihoming feature of sctp to my friends?? do i have 2 write code 4 that???/ in
It is built in.
which language will i be able to write code for that???,,,in "c"???or "java"??
C.

after writing such a program where do i compile it??and how it makes use of sctp multihoming features???
Have a look at the examples ...
thanks