[SCTP-Discussion] sctp_shutdown() problem ... ShutdownComplete indication does not arrive

  • From: agodoi AT matrix.com.br
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] sctp_shutdown() problem ... ShutdownComplete indication does not arrive
  • Date: Thu Feb 2 17:42:05 2006

Hi!

I am testing an association between two IP addresses. I am using two
machines (hosts) to perform that test.

I am getting strange behavior in the shutdown process.

In some instant I call sctp_shutdown() and wait for a ShutdownComplete
indication. But in some cases that indication never arrives. The
ShutdownComplete indication never arrives in another host to. I cannot
specify when it occurs exactly. I simply send some messages and try shut
down, but in some cases the ShutdownComplete indication never arrives.

Is that behavior reported by anybody else?

PS: I am executing sctp_eventLoop() in another thread. I am using
mutexes to avoid race conditions.