[SCTP-Discussion] Problem on ext_select SOLVED

  • From: "Javier Acuña" <javier.acuna AT sixbell.cl>
  • To: <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] Problem on ext_select SOLVED
  • Date: Fri Feb 17 20:12:02 2006

Hi

It's me replying myself.

The problem lied in the fact that I wasn't calling "listen(fd, 1)" before
trying to listen in the socket.

On the other hand, as you could have seen in the trace I sent, after SCTP1
sents an INIT, SCTP2 replies with an INIT ACK, instead of an ABORT (as it is
prescribed in section 3.1 of Sockets API Extensions for SCTP )

I believe that it is a BUG. I tested with linux kernel sctp and that
implementation does reply with an ABORT message if the user forgets to call
'listedn(fd, 1)'

Best Regards
Javier Acuña

Mensaje enviado desde el Servicio Webmail del Dominio sixbell.cl

_____________________________
La informacion contenida en esta transmision es confidencial, y no puede ser
usada por otras personas que su(s) destinatario(s). El uso no autorizado de
la informacion contenida en esta transmision puede ser sancionado. Si ha
recibido esta transmision por error, por favor destruyala y notifique al
remitente telefonicamente, con cobro revertido o via e-mail.

The information contained in this transmission is privileged, and may not be
used by any person other than its addressee(s). Unauthorized use of the
information contained in this transmission may be punished by law. If
received in error, please destroy and notify the sender by calling collect or
by e-mail.