[SCTP-Discussion] protocolID & byte order

  • From: "Oleg Levy" <buskila AT gmail.com>
  • To: discussion AT sctp.de
  • Subject: [SCTP-Discussion] protocolID & byte order
  • Date: Sat Apr 15 03:12:01 2006

Hello

I captured an SCTP data stream the other day in Ethereal, and noticed that the protocolID field was not displayed properly. I checked the RFC and it states that all fields must be sent in the network byte order (section 3 of the RFC). It seems that the SCTP stack does not convert this field to the network byte order.

regards
oleg