Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Regarding SO_REUSEADDR option in socketsapi

  • From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen AT micmac.franken.de>
  • To: Thomas Dreibholz <dreibh AT iem.uni-due.de>
  • Cc: rohit agrawal <agrawal_rohit1 AT yahoo.co.in>, sctp <discussion AT sctp.de>
  • Subject: Re: [SCTP-Discussion] Regarding SO_REUSEADDR option in socketsapi
  • Date: Mon Apr 24 22:02:02 2006

Hi Thomas,

so why not return an error from the setsockopt call?

On Apr 24, 2006, at 5:26 PM, Thomas Dreibholz wrote:

On Monday 24 April 2006 14:03, rohit agrawal wrote:
Hi,

I tried to use the function setSoReuseAddress() function present in
cppsocketapi directory but the result is "SCTP bind error: Address already
in use". I also tried to set the option SO_REUSEADDR through socketapi (C
functions) using function ext_setsockopt, but there too it is giving me the
same result.

This option is currently not supported by the SCTP socket API implementation.

Dipl.-Inform. Thomas Dreibholz

University of Essen, Room ES210
Inst. for Experimental Mathematics Ellernstraße 29
Computer Networking Technology Group D-45326 Essen/Germany
E-Mail:
dreibh AT exp-math.uni-essen.de
Homepage: http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~dreibh